TV Structure (Discussion)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Who originally articulated it? What does it mean when applied to TV?
- "poly-semy" = "many meanings"
- We saw polysemy in action in our discussion of The Andy Griffith Show. What are some specific examples of polysemy from your own television viewing?
- What does "structured polysemy" mean?
- How does theorist John Fiske use the term?
- What is an example of this, from your own television viewing?
- Jeremy G. Butler, Television: Visual Storytelling and Screen Culture (New York: Routledge, 2018).